We have taken several steps to ensure the site is 99.99% secure:
1. The entire site is password protected and sharing logins is prohibited. All eDRC users (Parents, Teachers & Providers) have separate password logins and agree to the terms and conditions.
2. Users should only use difficult passwords to prevent inappropriate access. Password generators are recommended.
3. We do not collect student personal health information (e.g., last names, date of birth, address, diagnosis, etc...). Users can input student IDs or initials to maintain anonymity.
4. Users should close their Internet browsers when not in use to prevent inappropriate access.
5. We use Rackspace cloud hosting to store the data in the most secure possible way. Their servers are physically located in high-security data centers - the same data centers used to hold secured financial information. You can read more about their security measures here: http://www.rackspace.com/security.
6. Our database provider uses the same "HTTPS" security connections is used by banks and government departments to store and transfer the most sensitive data.
7. Our databases our encrypted to make non-authorized connection and data loss really difficult for even professional hacker attacks. This protects personal data from known vulnerabilities and malwares.
8. The entire www.E-DRC.com site uses SSL encryption to prevent any third party attempts to receive personal data.
9. The eDRC was created by Manhattan Psychology Group, PC (MPG) who also use the eDRC for their own clients in NYC. MPG provides user support to outside providers who use the eDRC by accessing the necessary account information. However, MPG would never directly solicit business from parents or teachers of outside providers, or sell or give out contact information of the parents, teachers or providers who use the eDRC.